Tuesday, August 16, 2011

First Day of Training

7:45 and we were good to go. Not the greatest sleep but I'll adapt to the time change soon enough. Great warmup session with Ukranian coach Jarek, followed by some light technique. Lots of duck-unders and shucks, with the odd arm drag variation for us. My favourite part had to be Becky trying some new pushups off the gymnastics ladder and doing a hard face plant onto a bench! I expected to see her spitting some teeth but she just got up and did some more. European toughness has kicked in already!



Light breakfast and session 2 at 10:30 on the mats again since it's been raining here. We had a great session and I think the eastern European wrestling style is really helping our athletes. Not so much in terms of technique, but moreso in terms of better footwork and wrestling looser and more relaxed!






Today was mainly a wrestling day, and the girls in particular were feeling it! A few taking breaks from bumps, bruises, weak cardio, you name it. But they all made it back for the third session where no one sat! If they aren't careful, they're going to be in great shape by the end of this trip. The final session was great too because the guys and girls wrestled an hour apart. All of our kids are healthy and definitely holding there own against their Polish counterparts.






Supper was apples and rice and the usual cold cuts, cheese and bread. Yummy! Our after dinner ritual seems to be crowding in the lobby to use the wifi. I've never seen so many cells, laptops, iPods and pads at once! Lots of FBing, tweeting, emailing, skyping and texting going on.



Before I sign off, I've gotten Mack Bell to write a bit. As promised, every kid will do so on this blog by journeys end.



Hey Everybody! We are having an amazing time here in Poland. It's very nice here and I'm learning lots of new moves. It is a great experience and Team Marimen is doing great! Plenty of things make this trip amazing like the food, sightseeing and of course the girls. I've got to go but I hope to hear from everyone back home soon!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Bulwary SÅ‚owackiego,Zakopane,Poland

2 comments: