Thursday, August 18, 2011

It hurts so Good...

Yesterday Sebastian was kind enough to ambush me and crank me with some nasty legrides. Today I feel slightly better than running into a brick wall. Luckily all the kids feel the same way from most of our sessions.



We're all hanging in there with minimal bumps and bruises Sebastian and I did some technique today and said he really liked me as a training partner. Lucky me! So after our morning run and breakfast I was lucky enough to be his partner for technique for the morning. It was awesome for the kids too, because he was able to demonstrate moves at match speed and full force. They are sooooo lucky!



Exciting afternoon as we got to travel to a beautiful new venue and train with the U17 national team. They were gearing down for the world cadet championships next week, so very few wanted to wrestle a Canadian for fear of getting injured. Alex, Tia and Chris were lucky enough to spar with a few and were able to be quite competitive! It was a short but intense practice, and about half of our team started to break mentally, so once it was over we did a bit of light par terre work, with yours truly as the dummy.






Sebastian showed his kindness once again by wrestling hard vs. both coaches Shannon and Juris. I've run out of metaphors to use about how sore I am so you'll have to take my word for it. Thank you to coach Shannon for liberally awarding me 2 points in an exchange with him. I think that made the score about 42-2 (not for me).



Sad that crazy hair day has been postponed until tomorrow but these girls have the potential for some pretty ridiculous dos! The matwomen will give our ladies a run for their money, and that's saying a lot! Apologies to parents as the boys have been rumoring some head shaving activities.



2 tired girls!
And I'll end today with some words from Ms. Katy Waite (or as Sebastian says 8key).



In Poland it's extremely pretty. The wrestling technique is some of the same and some very different from what we do in Canada. The language barrier is a bit of a challenge, but we get through it. The hotel we are at is definitely "less fancy" then the ones we are used to. No housekeeping, 6 beds and a gym type thing on each floor. We get 3 meals a day, but it's not quite my taste so I go shopping for fruit and chips. Miss you mommy and daddy.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment